Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One more week

Yesterday Ryan and I went to the doctors for a check up. I am 2 cm and still 75% thinned...so we are making progress. In addition to the good news my doctor asked what we thought about being induced next Wednesday. She wants to induce due to the gestational diabetes. There is a possibility of having a HUGE baby and they gain 1/2 a pound a week at this point. Next Wednesday I will be 39 weeks and 3 days, so we are really not taking any chances...I am "full term". I had always thought I would want to let Avery get here when she wanted too, but now that I don't sleep through the night, have constant pressure, and irregular contractions...it is time. We are very excited and anxious all at the same time. We will go to my last check up on Tuesday and then check in to Memorial Hermann around 7am Wednesday. They will hook me up to pitocin and then my doc will break my water...let the "fun" begin. It could be a long day and Avery could possible be born on the 9th (Thursday). My doc is not a big fan of C-sections (unless they are necessary), so she will let me labor as long as it takes unless there are complications or Avery is not in the birth canal. On the flip side, Avery has been in the birth canal for 3 weeks! SO yea! We are on the down hill. Please pray for the upcoming delivery and travel of family to see the first grandchild. Ryan will be blogging from the hospital so check the blog frequently for updates...Yes, we will have visitors at the hospital, but we will let yall know when a good time to come would be. Wow, in one week I will be a mom and Ryan will get to hold the love of his life!

5 comments:

The Maddox Family said...

Aww, you guys are getting so close! Katie - be thankful for the idea of induction cause it gets you closer to Avery sooner!

I know there is a lot of excitement mixed with apprehension, but God is in control!! We're so happy for you!!

Mrs. Cervantes said...

I can't wait to me Avery!

Brandon and Sheri said...

Yeah buddy - I know for us the 'experience of induction' was a bit scary, but even though it was a lengthy process (buckle up), I echo the Madd's comment that it's all brining you (and us) closer to meeting Avery. Good luck and we'll keep checking the blog to see how things progress. Best part of being on the other side of the world is that we'll probably be up when y'all are making posts at 2am - we volunteer to take the midnight shift of small group cheerleaders.

Who knows - maybe Avery will get things started before then to add a bit more excitement!

Sheri said...

Congrats on making it to the final week! I echo Brandons comment but also want to add some advice after going through the induction process. After they break your water and start the pitocin have the epidural close by! I didn't feel any contractions until they broke my water and started the drip. I was begging for the epidural but since the doc was in surgery I had to wait an hour for it. I think Brandon lost feeling in his hands during that time. The contractions are intense but once the epidural is in you become a whole new woman!!!! Iwas also worried about Aiden coming 1 week early but he was great minus a cone head for the first day!

Pack some face wipes for yourself you can use without water to freshen up. It made me feel a little fresher after my 12 hours. We will be thinking of you guys!

KatieC said...

Sheri-thanks for the tips! I will buy some wipes, that souds refreshing! I hate being all sticky...I have made a mental note about the pain meds. I am already dilating so with my water broken and pitocin, we could be in for so major aching. yuck. Oh well, the end product is worth it!