Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Feeling better!




Hey yall! This is Katie. I am beginning to feel like myself again, which is HUGE. I am still slow moving but my energy is getting back on track even with the sleepless nights. Speaking of, Avery has been doing well for the most part at night. She had a bit of a rough one last night...she is gassy and hiccups a lot. We go to the pediatrician tomorrow for the one week check up and Ryan and I have a lot of questions. My poor body has gone through so much lately. I never had bad swelling during the pregnancy, but post c-section my legs and feet blew up and looked like cankles!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!! See pic. My belly is going down-very odd that you leave the hospital not prego but still looking like it, my incision is great. It is not too big and is healing well...just tight. But the oddest of all body changes is the instant boob-job you get when you breastfeed! YES! BUT-painful! Ryan is amazed! ha ha ha Anyhow, here are some pics of us at home. The flowers are from my Kindergarten class-too sweet! Please pray for my body and its aches, Ryan and my sleep, Avery and her growth and development, and for all the family we have coming and going in their travels. Thank you all for your love and support as well as the prayers throughout my labor and delivery, they were much needed and felt. They brought me peace and comfort.

7 comments:

EmilyBumbaloughCox said...

Hey Katie, when I came home my ankles were just like yours, if you are still on motrin, switch to tylenol and the swelling will go down. That was Zac's one word of Dr advice since he didn't know anything else about pregnancy or babies.haha And the boobs will quit hurting as soon as you start to feed, but yeah they kill for about a day or two. You guys look great and Avery is such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Katie all I can say is Mylacon!!! Or wejust used the walmart brand, those gas drops will save your life!!! I personally think that your ankles are beautiful! You guys look great and we will keep you in our prayers!!

The Peterson's said...

Hey you all are looking great! Don't worry about the swelling it happens to us all. The boobs I don't even want to talk about because it makes mine hurt. To be honest with you that was just not my thing. I pray that you have a better experience with it then I did. Have you tried the gas drops? My kids had gas really bad. Allie ended up with gas and super bad reflux. If you have any questions on that one give me a call. Well I know that I have already said it but you guys look great and she is beautiful. I am going to go pick something up to send to you. Does she like swaddling? If so do you have any of the swaddlers? They were great when I had allie. Call me if you have any questions about anything. 858-603-9668

The Maddox Family said...

Katie - you look beautiful!! I'm glad you're feeling better, but keep taking it slow. The boob part REALLY sucks, but it will get better with time. Pat yourself on the back - you just made it through the first week with a baby!!

Ben said...

Hi Doll,
You look beautiful and so does Avery! I can't wait to get out there! Ryan looks....sleepy, lol!
Sorry about the feet and ankles, wow! At least you know they'll go down.
I hope to be out there within a week. I'll call and set things up with y'all.
Love you all,
Dad (grand dad)

Anonymous said...

Katie the boob thing I forgot to tell you, take a really hot shower and just stand there for about 10 min. It really does help a lot!!!

kristydc said...

Hello, we are so excited to see your new family is doing well! We would like to make a picture request of the new grandmother and her new little joy please!
Kristi, Romona, & Kristy