Maybe I am nesting, maybe I am doing too much. Either way I created a little problem in our home last night. I was cleaning the mirror over my bathroom sink and realized it was loose from the wall. So, me being kinda handy put liquid nails on the back of the mirror and then placed screws at the top of the mirror to secure it to the wall better until the liquid nails dried completely. I got 2 out of 3 screws in with no problem, then when I put in number 3...a began to hear a hissing sound in the wall! CRAP! It sounded like gas running out of a line. Oh no, not gas...WATER!!!! I hit a water pipe!!!! I loosened the screw to smell the gas and to my sock water came spraying out. I quickly tightened the screw back into the wall to plug the hole and called my neighbor because Ryan was at work. My neighbor came over and she and I cut the water to the whole house off and then went back to survey the damage. When we loosened the screw to check water went all over us and the bathroom! So, back in the screw went. I had to wait till the water pressure went down and drain the line. Meanwhile Ryan called and was not mad but was not happy...When he got home, we cut into the dry wall and found out that yes, I hit a water pipe, and...it was a copper pipe. Not PVC, so Ryan couldn't fix it. We had a plumber come out before 9am this morning and solder a coupling onto the punctured pipe. ( I played the prego due in 5 days card with the plumber at 6:45 am) I think he felt sorry for me and said he would be there asap. The amazing part of the damage is how small the hole is/was. You would have thought that there was a massive hole in the pipe. The hole was about the size of a pencil lead. So $160 later, my mirror is stuck to the wall and the wall has a hole. At least the plumber didn't have to take the mirror off the wall to fix my mistake and at lease we are all safe and the house is not flooded. It could have been a lot worse. I hope this is not a 3rd trimester trend with my prego friends...I recall very prego kammy's toilet flooding the house...maybe the trend stops here. Krista, Sarah, Stephanie, and Suzie...watch out. Water damage may be in your future!!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Opps...
Maybe I am nesting, maybe I am doing too much. Either way I created a little problem in our home last night. I was cleaning the mirror over my bathroom sink and realized it was loose from the wall. So, me being kinda handy put liquid nails on the back of the mirror and then placed screws at the top of the mirror to secure it to the wall better until the liquid nails dried completely. I got 2 out of 3 screws in with no problem, then when I put in number 3...a began to hear a hissing sound in the wall! CRAP! It sounded like gas running out of a line. Oh no, not gas...WATER!!!! I hit a water pipe!!!! I loosened the screw to smell the gas and to my sock water came spraying out. I quickly tightened the screw back into the wall to plug the hole and called my neighbor because Ryan was at work. My neighbor came over and she and I cut the water to the whole house off and then went back to survey the damage. When we loosened the screw to check water went all over us and the bathroom! So, back in the screw went. I had to wait till the water pressure went down and drain the line. Meanwhile Ryan called and was not mad but was not happy...When he got home, we cut into the dry wall and found out that yes, I hit a water pipe, and...it was a copper pipe. Not PVC, so Ryan couldn't fix it. We had a plumber come out before 9am this morning and solder a coupling onto the punctured pipe. ( I played the prego due in 5 days card with the plumber at 6:45 am) I think he felt sorry for me and said he would be there asap. The amazing part of the damage is how small the hole is/was. You would have thought that there was a massive hole in the pipe. The hole was about the size of a pencil lead. So $160 later, my mirror is stuck to the wall and the wall has a hole. At least the plumber didn't have to take the mirror off the wall to fix my mistake and at lease we are all safe and the house is not flooded. It could have been a lot worse. I hope this is not a 3rd trimester trend with my prego friends...I recall very prego kammy's toilet flooding the house...maybe the trend stops here. Krista, Sarah, Stephanie, and Suzie...watch out. Water damage may be in your future!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
um, yes, katie -- i think it's safe to say that you're nesting. seriously, you & that belly climbed up on the counter top to secure the mirror??!! too funny!
silly girl !
I sure hope water damage is not in our future... we had Mr. Zoey damage and he cleaned our account out!! We'll pray for NO! And yes, getting up on a counter! Be careful!!!
Ok Nick just said a funny that I had to share.. he was pretending to be you and said, "Oh my gosh my water broke... No not me, my house!" I had to share that one too
Katie you are crazy girl!!!! Dont be climbing!!! We love yall and cant wait to meet miss Avery!!! Please Please try for the 8th then our girls will have the same day!!!! That would be sooooo Cool!!!
Post a Comment