Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pitocin, IVs, Puppy Pad Oh My!!!!


Well the day is finally come! This will be the first post of the day and will be our main communication source with a few "major" updates via text message. If you would like to send a shout out to Katie on here I will pass it along to her throughout the day. We arrived at 5am this morning and were escorted to our room #1214 which apparently is were they put all the local celebrities/famous people in...our last name gets us all types of perks (just play along). In this room Katie was checked in and given a lovely bed adorned with a puppy pad, which I was told was "foreshadowing" for what's to come! Then a personal favorite of mine was done an IV and some blood work was given which I did make it through without passing out. At 5:40am Avery's Gatorade (Pitocin) was started and Avery and Katie began to react to it within minutes! Both heart rates are normal with contractions coming almost five minutes apart! Katie is taking it pretty well now but talk of an epidural are already coming up. This could go a lot quicker than expected. We will be trying to take it easy while we can to get ready for the upcoming rodeo. Keep checking back for updates and birth announcement later on! Thanks for all ya'lls prayers and support!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you two! I cannot wait until your little bundle of joy is here. Adam and I said a little prayer for you three last night before we went to bed and I said a little prayer this morning while getting dressed, since I knew that you were already at the hospital. Good luck and I can't wait to meet Avery.

Suz and Brandon said...

Good Luck Katie!! We love you and Avery! (Ryan you too!!)
I can't wait to meet her!

daisy sml said...

I love the gown! Hang in there it will all be worth it at the end. Our prayers are with the three of you.

The Maddox Family said...

Wow! This is it!! Been praying for all three of you and will continue to!! katie - you'll do great, and Ryan, you'll do great, too! Push katie push! Yea!!!!

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

let the games begin! go katie go! we love you and are praying without ceasing... you will soon be holding a miracle.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Iam so glad that Avery and Rhian Grace are going to have the same B-day!!!! Ryan I better get a call since we will be partying all day!!! You know us old folks dont have text!!!! Tell Katie we are praying for quick and painless!!! Go for the Epidural ASAP! Love yall and cant wait for pics of AKC!!!

Sarah said...

Yea! What a great day this will be. I am there in spirit! I can't wait to meet Avery! I pray for a safe (and well medicated ;) ) delivery. We love you guys!

Jess said...

YEAH!!! I can't wait to meet Avery! You all will be in our prayers today. Peace, endurance, and no pain!

The Peterson's said...

You sure do look beautiful at 5:02 in the morning! Good luck sweetie. I will be praying for you all day and tomorrow!

The Peterson's said...

Get ready to rock and roll! I have had one with drugs and one without. TAKE THE DRUGS!

Brandon and Sheri said...

Nice job locking up THE room 1214, didn't Bono play an acoustic set there once?

So exciting - enjoy this moment... Ryan, you hit it on the head - 'Rodeo'; it will be nothing you expected and everything you imagined all rolled into one chaotic experience, and when the dust settles you'll have the most awesome gift God can entrust you with. Go team go! Love you guys and are praying for you all.

EmilyBumbaloughCox said...

Yep, after that pitocin, Cooper was here in like 5 hours. Super fast...and you will not even feel that epidural, so don't be nervous, enjoy every bit of it. Congratulations to you both.