Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lettuce Wraps with a Twist

I love PF Chang's or Pei Wei's Chicken Lettuce Wraps!  They are simple and delicious.  So, I decided to try to make with with a twist...instead of chicken I used ground turkey and instead of Asian spices I used Spanish spices.  Our local grocery, HEB, has little magazines and little recipes using their own products.  I found a old torn-out recipe of these lettuce wraps and modified it a tad but kept a lot the same.  I do not know the date of the magazine or the title...all I have is the page number on the recipe page I tore out (page 28).  However, you can go to www.heb.com for great recipes and I bet search for this one!
Here is my version of the recipe:
HEB's turkey pineapple lettuce wraps
(without the pineapple...I'm the only one in my family that will eat pineapple!)


My ingredients: Lettuce, limes, pico de gallo,, ground turkey (1 lb), fajita seasoning, bell pepper

Brown the ground turkey, season with fajita seasoning

Just a pic of the limes, and peppers i sauteed in a skillet with a tad bit of olive oil..
All you need to do is get a piece of lettuce on your plate and load it up with the goodies!

Lettuce with the turkey, pico de gallo, peppers, and a spoon full of salsa.
Yummy!

No comments: