I am NOT a fan of "boxed" foods, much less mashed potatoes. They are in my opinion "potato dust" you add water too. Please tell me when the nutrition value is in potato dust vs real potatoes. I know its is faster to "just add water" and poof! Potatoes. However, making homemade mashed potatoes is very easy and once you've tried it, you will never go back to "potato dust" in a box.
Mashed Potatoes
 |
| Ingredients: Potatoes (I either use red potatoes about 8 to 10 reds) or small regular potatoes (about 6 to 8 of them), 1c milk, heavy cream, or half and half (which ever I have available...the thicker the liquid the creamer the potatoes), pepper to taste, and real butter unsalted, salt to taste if you like. I do not like adding salt to anything. We get way too much salt as it is! |
 |
WASH YOUR POTATOES!!!!
If you like, peel your potatoes, if not skin's on are just fine |
 |
| I cut mine into small pieces, cut them however you like, just make them smaller for boiling. |
 |
Toss in a pot and boil until the potatoes are looking a bit clear and are soft. They should easily mash with a spoon or fork.
My next photo is missing :(
However, drain your potatoes, return them to the pot but TURN OFF STOVE. Add milk, butter, pepper, salt...whatever you want and MASH MASH MASH!
I like lumpy potatoes but if you prefer creamy and smooth use a mixer to beat them until smooth. |
 |
Like my plate? Borrowed from the girls...finished product!
|
 |
Other options:
If I do salt, I use the Lawry's Seasoned Salt, its got a zing to it!
For "loaded baked potato" taste add Real bacon pieces, cheese, salt, cream cheese 1/4c...
For a spicy change add Tony's Creole Seasoning or Cayenne Pepper (1 tsp of cayenne)
Or add garlic salt for a twist!
SO MANY OPTIONS!!!!! Fave fun and enjoy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment