"& what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time
to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
"
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787
I come from a long line of Trap shooters (also Skeet and Sporting Clays). Yes, my family owned guns growing up, they still do, and my husband and I own them as well. And yes, I grew up knowing how to use them and how to use them in an appropriate and safe manor. My dad even coaches my high school's Shooting team. "The Clay Busters". There are scholarships, money, and shooting is even an Olympic sport.
However, guns are also for home protection and safety.
First of all, guns don't kill people. People kill people. With that said, I will be prepared and protect my family and property. Ryan took me to target practice with three different hand guns. Pictured above is a Smith and Wesson .45, I will "stop" (to put it nicely) anyone or thing. As a women, we are targets. Seen as prey. If you own a gun or have thought about home protection I encourage you to go practice using it so you are confident and familiar with the gun in case you are ever in the position to have to use it. I also encourage you to take gun safety courses and buy a gun safe that only you and your spouse know the combination to or have access to. teach your family to respect guns and do not leave them loaded.
Oh yeah, Ryan got close to a bullseye that day, but I hit the bullseye dead one. Along with several head shots. I'm ready. Are you?
National Rifle Association (NRA):
NRA for Women:
http://www.nrahq.org/women/index.asp
NRA Programs:
Tennessee Law:
STATE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION
“That the citizens of this State have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.”Article 1, Section 26.
Texas Law:
STATE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION
“Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.”Article 1, Section 23.
Laws from: http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws.aspx
My pistol: http://www.smith-wesson.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment