I think every Italian grandmother is turning over in her grave right now...lasagna in a crock pot?! But of course! Its so easy and yummy. Enjoy.
 |
Ingredients: Lasagna noodles, mushrooms, spinach, ricotta cheese, bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, spaghetti sauce, and Italian seasoning, not pictured is olive oil
*optional: ground beef or Italian sausage
I chose to do a vegetarian version this night. |
 |
| Before you turn on the crock pot, wipe olive oil inside (or butter) |
 |
| In a mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese and mix, set aside |
 |
| Add a good smearing of spaghetti sauce on the bottom, then turn on LOW |
 |
| In a skillet drizzle olive oil heat to medium heat and toss in mushrooms and chopped bell pepper, here I added the Italian seasoning as well |
 |
Ok, back to crock pot...
Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (I had to break mine up to fit) |
 |
| Add a layer of the cheese mixture, |
 |
| Add a layer of the mushrooms and peppers, |
 |
| Add a layer of the WASHED spinach, |
 |
| Add a layer of sauce, |
 |
| Start over with adding the noodles, then cheese, etc until you run out of each. Top with some cheese, put lid on and let it cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. |
 |
This is my crock pot in case you were wondering. Its about 7 years old and has a permanent white stain on the inside, but I LOVE it.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment