Yes, we went to Prom together this year! Ryan asked me and I said yes! How fun right?! Well, it's really more fun and more unique than any other Prom out there. Our Church has a Special Needs Ministry (yes, the one I worked for for three years) and the teen/young adult portion of the ministry called REMIX hosts a prom for students with Special Needs. From Autism to Down's Syndrome and everything in between. ALL are welcome. There were over 200 participants and volunteers/dance buddies at Prom this year. I am so proud of our church who supports the Special Needs Ministry and Amanda my friend who coordinates REMIX. Check them out here:
It will be difficult leaving this precious church. But we are better for having been a part of such a loving and accepting place of worship.
REMIX PROM 2012
"Midnight in Paris"
| Dress: 31 Roots, my friends Natalie and Ashely own 31 Roots boutique clothing-love it! Shoes: Chinese Laundry |
No comments:
Post a Comment