A little over a year ago I flew in from TX to meet the carpet and closet peeps at out soon to be home. I wanted the closest done specific ways to meet our needs. I'm not saying my closet is small by any means but I was coming from a huge walk in closet shared with Ryan to my own mini walk in we'll call it. I wanted L shaped hanging racks with corner joins and shelving for sweaters, jeans, etc. I also wanted a free wall for a vanity. Well, I got what I asked for but kinda in a half __ kinda way... Can ya tell that was irritating?! But, I made it work for a year. Then I decided to take matters into my own hands. Why can't I take theses shelves down and redo my closet? I was tired of my dresses hanging in over the vanity and not being able to utilize all the hanging space...well, because they didn't use a corner piece and made the shelves too big. :/ here's what I was working with...
![]() |
| bulky shelves :/ |
![]() |
| notice how dark it was in the corner over my makeup table and that the clothes are all in the way! |
![]() |
| do ya see the tape measure?! totally ready to get this closet started!!! |
Like I said, it worked, for a year. I guess sometimes you have to live in/with a space for a while before you know what you need and what works better.
So, my plan was to knock out the shelves and remove the top two L shaped shelves/racks and replace them with one wall to wall rack on the top left. then above the makeup table hang the two shelves I removed for extra storage.
and then...
![]() I hung my shoe bag on the back of the rack (same as before but different spot). My clothes will hang in front keeping the shoes out if the way. I only put flats and sandals/flip flops in the bag, heels and boots on the floor under the clothes pictures. Even though my brown boots are OBVIOUSLY not down there at the time I took the picture! I also bought the hanging sweater bag for jeans and shorts. Only $10 at Lowes! Ta-Da!
I'm thinking of hanging a full length mirror on the empty wall...
On the shelves to the right I have sweat shirts and two green baskets that have scarves rolled up in one and all of my swim suits in the other. The highest shelf has four white tubs containing extra bathroom products, heating pads, my hot rollers I never use but don't want to part with, etc. The bins are visible in the second picture under the top rack of clothes in case you are curious.
Our bathroom is smaller and doesn't have a linen closet. Ryan and I have to utilize some closet space for products, meds, and such.
I hope you enjoyed!
katie
|








No comments:
Post a Comment