Day four hair.
This is a post on how to get there...
My next post will be products and specific things I am currently using.
I do NOT like washing it much less drying it.
I wash my hair every four to five days.
I know I know, to some that may be unthinkable but honestly washing my hair every day is unthinkable. I don't have time for that and for my hair it would be damaging.
So, how do I manage the five day hair stretch?!
You have to train your hair to go longer between washes. The more you wash your hair them more oil your scalp produces. If you say your hair is greasy and you have to wash it daily it might be because you have trained it to be washed daily. So, that said, stretch your washes out one extra day at a time until you are at the amount of days you are comfortable holding out for a good sudsing. Example: wash your hair every other day the first week, then every two days the next week, then every three days, etc.
Next arm yourself! You need these items:
Dry shampoo
Shampoo and conditioner
Deep conditioner
And a washing routine
My washing routine starts day one with washing, conditioning, and deep conditioning the ends of my hair. I only deep condition the ends because the heaviness of the deep conditioner will weigh down my hair on the top of my head and make my hair look oily. Plus, the ends of my hair "take the heat". They are clamped in the curling iron and tugged on with my round brush when blow drying my hair.
After washing, I use a wide tooth comb to get it gently combed out for blow drying. Next I blow dry with a round brush and if its during the day (vs headed to bed) I will use Velcro rollers for volume. Sometimes I skip that step.
Day two, I will brush and curl my hair with the curling iron. That's it.
I do use. Heat protectant spray and a touch of hair spray.
Day three I just brush out my hair and touch up the curls if needed.
And here is where the dry shampoo comes into use. I hit my crown, roots, and side of my head for volume and texture.
Day four I wear a hat.
Just kidding...sort of.
I brush and use dry shampoo but do not use heart and by the end of that day I am ready for a good scrub down!
happy hair, Katie

No comments:
Post a Comment