Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time for a Blog Change!

A while back I got tired of writing the same old things about my kids and our daily grind (humm...that sounds a tish bad...) so I stopped blogging.  However, I thought it might be more fun and worth your while if I wrote on everyday things.  I am hoping to give this a whirl and post recipes, cleaning tips (all mommies know how wonderful those are), of course things about my kids and home life, as well as our adventures in moving!  I cannot promise I will blog often but I'll do my best.  The recipes will be EASY and always keep in mind if I can cook it then you for sure can too!

For now, an update...

We sold our home here in Texas and we are moving to Tennessee where our mom's live this summer!  We are excited and happy but also have very mixed emotions on leaving (as my husband refers to it) "God's Country".  Right now we are renting a home in the same area we owned and it is a "tree house".  Seriously.  Its a Life Form home which means the main living, master, etc are upstairs and the kids rooms, bonus room, laundry and a bath are down.  Odd.  But very fun!  The un-fun is that our things are in storage.  BOOOO!  Its frustrating when I think "oh, I want to wear that shirt...where is it...grrrr...storage" or "I know I have an extra casserole dish somewhere...oh wait...it's in storage".  The good news is this is temporary.  I'll post some pics of the tree-house soon. 

For now, here are a few of our latest and greatest project.  Our home in Tennessee!  This must be the silver lining of uprooting your kids lives (the only home they've ever know, our first home married, sigh).  We are building!  It's worth the selling of our home in two weeks, closing in one month, moving into a rental for three months, then moving again.  Looking forward to sharing this adventure with you all.  Prayers please for safe move, and all to go smooth with our new home.



1 comment:

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

Hey Katie! Love what your doing with you blog. I'm going to be following you in google reader!

Sharon Hines
www.mrshinesclass.com