Sunday, November 9, 2008

yuck

Ok, so if anyone saw me this weekend, they know I was feeing great and all was well. BUT...lets just say that the next time I am at the hospital better be for Lauren's baby's birth (yea Dash) or for my own delivery.

Ryan and I came home from church last night and I was feeling great. I went to bed around 9:30 and suddenly woke at midnight throwing up. It had been a while since I ate, so there was nothing in my belly making being sick all the more horrible. I throught it would pass and it was something I ate, but when 5am rolled around and I was still frequenting the bathroom I decided to call the doctor. Dr. Hampton called me right back and told me to to to Memorial Hermann. She was confident the baby was fine, but was concerned about the dehidration-which can cause contractions! Yikes! So, Ryan came home form work and off we went. They tried to get blood from my IV but I was so dehidrated that I wouldn't bleed and couldn't pee. That was not fun, because anything I or the great nurses did HURT. I am not scared of needles and nor do I think they hurt, but this time they did. I was one sicky-chicky. They got me all hooked up to fluids and gave me nausia meds-that was horrible. The meds made me anxious and I felt like I could climb the walls. Evetually those wore off and I slept. They found out I had a virus. I hope none of you get it.

Four hours later we were allowed to go home and pick up a perscription for nausia and it would mke me sleep. Boy did I sleep. That stuff rocks! Without insurance its over $200! Thank you Lord we have inurance and only had to pay $10. Praise God for little blessings. I am feeling better, but I am very weak and sore from throwing up so much. Nap time, gotta run.

2 comments:

Nick, Krista, Carson and Clay said...

I am so sorry. Glad to hear everything turned out ok... Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

When I was prego I had the same thing!! How weird?? I woke up throwing up, went to the doc, to find out it was a virus. I t was about this time of the year too!! Stay well, that baby needs a strong momma!!! Hope yall have a great trip!!!