Hey folks! Our friends say we need to update...ha ha ha, so here goes. We are doing great! We are 18 weeks along and feeling good. The last doctor's appointment was Tuesday. We got to hear the heart beat. It was 150 beats a min and sounded great!!! Its crazy to think that we are almost 1/2 way through the nine months. I think about how much I love Ryan and how blessed we are to have each other, and now, a child. We never knew when the right time would come for us to have a family, and honestly, I don't know if anyone is every ready. Ryan and I know that we will be great parents because God is in control and that his will is being done in our marriage and lives.
Ryan has started a new gig. He now coaches Special Needs Flag Football at our church. He is great with the kiddos and has a wonderful time. They play on Sunday afternoons at church. I am also about to start volunteering at our Church on Sunday mornings with children with Special Needs as well. We are excited and feel like God is using us in a new way to serve him. We joined our church this past August and have been happy and growing as a couple deeper in Christ.
Speaking of serving...I am so proud of our Bible Study group. We volunteered this morning at the local Food Bank. I was pumped-up this morning to go, but I had no idea that I would have fun packing boxes for families. I couldn't believe all the cans upon cans and the peanut butter! ha ha ha! There were jars and jars of every kind of peanut butter. Note to future Food Bank food detonators: donate jelly. There were only a few jars of jelly, and coming from a PB and J eater, the jelly makes all the difference on the bread! I just want to say how great each and every donation was and is and how proud I am that our Bible Study group could be a part if a great thing.
With Thanksgiving coming up, I am humbled to think about what all Ryan and I have. Not only do we have Christ, we have each other, a baby on the way, and food in our home. What HUGE blessings those are. Lets all take a minute and say Thank You to God for all we have and for his unconditional love for us.
Ryan and I will be traveling to TN Wednesday for an early Thanksgiving. I am excited to see my family and Ryan's too. We have not seen them since we found out about the pregnancy. Its almost that time of year! I am ready for the Holidays and for all the great smells and tastes of the season. If a real tree wouldn't die before Christmas, I would already have one up. If anyone is going to be in town (our town) for Thanksgiving, let us know...we can eat and watch some football like the rest of America!
2 comments:
yall have fun in TN!! I am so lad that you are doing well!! We keep checking to see if yall have found out what it is yet??? Rhian Grace needs a little girl to play with, so that is what we a re pulling for!!! love yall
ok that should say glad not lad!!!
Post a Comment