We do not have a formal dining room or an eat-in kitchen... We have a combo of both. Which I love. So, this dining room was looking a tad hodge podge due to its multi purposes... We eat (obviously) in here, do crafts, preschool at home (even though they go to preschool), games, parties, etc. we have had the lazy Susan for a year and love it! But I have had no idea what to really do with it. I know you can use them for serving food but really, who does that? Not us. Now that my girls are getting older and eat neater there is not as much of a need for cleaning products with in arms reach at meal time. Yay! So I thought I'd glam up the space a bit but still keeping it functional. Thus the napkins. And I wanted to do this for free. I'm a big advocate of use what you have! Maybe you just need to move it around to a new spot in the house.
 |
Before
|
Ok, so I cleared the lazy Susan and wiped it down... Then I went around the house and collected "pretty thing". I chose class and candle holders. I also intentionally chose lower height items as to not block the view across the table when sitting.
Then I started placing the items until I liked the lay out. There is no right or wrong. Just whatever is aesthetically pleasing to your eye :). Her is the finished product!
 |
| antique silver candle stick holders and antique candy jar filled with wine bottle corks |
 |
| in case you are wondering that door is my butler pantry :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment