Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miss Sadie

Sadie Elizabeth Corley

November 1, 2010

1:53pm

8.8 lbs 20 1/2"

Baby?!


My baby!



"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift" 2 Corinthians 9:15



What an amazing adventure we have been on this week. Ryan and I welcomed our second baby girl into our lives this past Monday. We arrived at 12:30pm at our hospital for a scheduled c-section. That was very surreal. One minute we are at home, the next we are prepping for surgery. I was not nervous, just ready. When my doctor arrived she checked in with us in the prep/triage area then I WALKED my hiney into the OR...very weird. The room was freezing and very bright. There was this thin metal table that had a couple of blankets laid out on it and a lot of equipment like monitors and surgical tools...I really didn't look around because I did not want to see the scary things like scalpels! The OR nurse had me sit on the table and they raised it up pretty high so the anesthesiologist could give me a spinal block.


The spinal block was a whole other experience from my epidural with Avery. The epidural I could move my legs...feel nothing. The spinal block was instant dead legs...make that dead body from the boobies down. It was weird! When the anesthesiologist began the spinal, I felt it even after the local numbing injection had been given so as to not feel the spinal. Well, lets just say it had to be numbed up more. It was not going in well. But he got it and as soon as he told me that "you are going to fell warm and heavy" I was already feeling it! It was wonderful! Next thing I know they were laying me out on the table, putting up the drape, and asking me "can you feel this"...nothing felt...surgery began! Ryan was brought in to sit at my head. A couple of minutes, a few tugs, and lots of pressure, Sadie was here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


She looked so small. But then again I am used to looking at a 19 month old. Ryan and Sadie went back to the triage area while I was being put back together. When I joined them, I was shocked to find out that Sadie and Avery weighed the exact same! 8.8 lbs Sadie was 20 1/2", Avery was 20 1/4". Wow! Can't get more accurate than that! Sadie was poked, prodded, and bathed. She even survived meeting her Big sister!



2 comments:

The Maddox Family said...

those are some precious pictures! congrats again, and i hope that you are recovering well!

cbright123 said...

What a cutie!!! Congrats on the new baby!
-your new co-worker-cherie