Friday, November 26, 2010

Favorite moments


Sadie's first bath at home


Life with a newborn is an all-in, all the time job that I LOVE! It is the most difficult job in the world, but it is the most rewarding job. I was once told to enjoy each and every minute with your children even when it is hard or 2:00am because they are only "yours" for 18 years, then they are on their own and are "adults". Tear.

One of my favorite times with each of my girls is bath time. Avery plays so well in the bath and loves the water, and Sadie calms right down and gets cozy with me after her bath. All is quiet after bath time. I know Avery is snug in her bed and its time to nurse Sadie while I listen to the rumble of the train in the distance and feel the warmth of the heater kick on. Peaceful and pleasant. These quiet moments are treasures that I hope my girls will experience with their children one day.







No comments: