Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer 2010!





In Texas we have two seasons. Hot and hotter. I firmly believe we skipped over spring and straight into summer. Its been averaging around 94 degrees every day and the humidity is 100%. Gag. The only thing better than shade and air conditioning is swimming. Pool time!
Last week we took a trip to the coast for an over night get away. Avery got to experience the beach for the first time! She loved it! I am guessing to a 14 month old sand looked eatable...yep. She ate the sand and walked fearlessly out into the ocean, waves crashing and all! Avery loves the water.
lately we have been busy with swimming lessons at the local YMCA. Avery loved the pool, songs, and games we would do each week. She has even learned how to climb out of the pool (with help). Brave girl also jumps in off the side and will stick her face under the water! I am proud but scared all at the same time. She needs to learn to be careful...I'm sure that comes with age. Props to Ryan for joining Avery in the pool at swimming lesons even though they are called "mommy and me" swimming lessons! Ryan, I love you so!
next on our list is a trip to TN to visit family. It's my Mawmaw's 80th birthday June 1st! I am so blessed to have my Mawmaw and blessed she knows my sweet Avery! Right now, we are getting ready to hit the pool!

2 comments:

Mrs. Cervantes said...

Yea for fun in the sun! What a brave girl.

Nick and Janet Galyen said...

Hey Katie! I found out several months ago that you were pregnant, but then was informed that I wasn't supposed to know, so I hadn't wanted to say anything to you about it. Obviously now the cat's out of the bag, though. CONGRATULATIONS!!! God's been teaching me alot lately how much children are a blessing rather than the burden and inconvenience that our culture seems to portray them as. I'm so sorry I missed seeing you while you were in Manchester. Nick in I were in heaven (Antigua) and it was priceless - but I'm still so sorry I missed you!
-Janet