Monday, December 8, 2008
Howdy from Texas
Hello to all, Ryan and I are officially ready for Christmas...except for a tree. We typically cut one down, so we have to wait until closer to Christmas to get it into the house if we want it to last. Christmas in Texas is just as special as anywhere and Jesus is definitely the reason for the season we celebrate...BUT it is warm here. We have had a couple of cool days but I see a 70 degree Christmas coming our way! My kiddos at school are very excited about the holidays and our kiddos at church are figuring out what is coming up! It is great to see the Christmas Story through a child's eyes. Faith like a child is a blessing to witness. Our prayer this season is that we will all try and think of what it was like for Mary and Joseph. With myself being prego and already in love with our child, it is amazing to me to be a part of something only women can do (pregnancy/birth)...and not just women, Mary, Jesus' mother too. She was pregnant just like me, she gave birth (and I am sure it was not easy, I am sure it was painful, and I am sure she cried with joy), and had all the same emotions I will have and have had already. Jesus was a baby, not a man. I tend to forget that part. The little things they don't mention in the Bible...the details of labor, delivery, the first few days with a new born. If Mary made it, then we will all make it. I look at our friend's baby boys (recently born) and I am take back at the perfection, beauty, and tininess of them. Our savior was just like them. Happy Birthday Jesus, your birth has a whole new meaning in the Corley household.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I can't send some of this frigid Dallas weather your way.
today is a new day and the weather is cold...I love it! Have you ever heard that song Breath of Heaven from Amy Grant? It is the only song of hers that I like, and it offers perspective on Mary's point of view. check it out.
Post a Comment