Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Break

Hello all, school is finally out for the holidays! I think that has to be the best part of being a teacher...all the breaks. Ryan and I are staying in TX for Christmas and have our home all festive! We are doing well and Avery is growing so fast! She weighs 1 lb and is the size of a small doll!! WOW! I fell very prego and have had some back pain in my shoulder blades and rib area from the weight of my front. The baby is growing in sperts (spelling??) and when she sperts it is a lot a once. I will have to take a new belly pic for 24 weeks. You would not believe the belly and that skin can stretch that much!! Where does it come from??

We are not sending Christmas Cards this year, we are going to send New Years cards due to our laziness and not getting pictures or even a regular card together in time for Christmas. Be on the look out for a New Years Card...thanks for all the great cards we have received from loved ones and friends! I LOVE all the picture cards!

I had a reality check this past week. I realized while looking at my growing belly that it is soon to be 2009 and our baby will be born in 2009!!! I am excited and a bit nervous at the thought! The second part of that thought is this baby has to come out! I know I can do it and I am excited about the delivery, however...have you seen a newborn? They are so small yet so big to have been inside you...just a thought(and maybe a prayer too).

4 comments:

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

i can't say i was ever "excited" about the delivery -- meeting him, absolutely. delivering him? scary. just know that one way or another, they do come out and it is all worth it! :)

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard at your baby comment!!! All I can say is that they DO come out and that God is so smart to make a womans body do the things it does!!!! Just remember that Jan- Apr will fly. You and Ryan savor the time togeather it will never be just the two of you ever again!!!!

ps: you really do forget how bad it hurts, but it is the best pain you will ever feel!!!

The Maddox Family said...

katie gal - my advice is not to even think about the labor and delivery until you get there. there is nothing you can do about it, but like the others have already said - it is worth it cause you get to meet your new baby girl! the dr's and nurses take good care of you, plus god really does give you exactly what you need every step of the way.

Mrs. Cervantes said...

i've got nothing.No wise advice. Although, I am sure it is worth it.....it can't be too bad the Dugger lady just had her 18th baby!