Tuesday, September 16, 2008
hurricane anyone??
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers! God was listening because Ryan and I and the doggies are doing GREAT! We are actually in Waco TX right now at our pals the Barnetts (see blog below to meet them: barnett619) They graciously opened their home for us to come and visit for a while. We arrived today the 16th dogs in tow and are very greatful for their home and air conditioning! Its amazing I made it this long before we abandoned ship back home. The storm came Friday night and yes, it was a doozie. Wind is a force to be reconded with and I will stand clear. I think Ryan and I have a new respect for mother nature. We have running water and gas to cook with as well as hot water to shower, just no electricity. At first I was a trooper and it was like camping in style. However 2 books and all our board games later I had had it with out being able to see to pee. Ryan and I would go to bed around 7:30 at night because it was dark out and then we would get up when the sun came up. Thank you Lord for the cooler nights the past 2 nights! I don't think being hot and prego are a good combo. In actuality, I know its bad because crazy pregnant lady will come out of nowhere and let Ryan know she needs to get out! So here we are in Waco. Back to the no electricity thing. That does not mean just homes. My Dr.s office will open tomorrow but they too have been powerless. My Dr. called me today to tell me no appointment today and that she hoped we fared well this weekend and she looks forward to seeing us soon. I am to call the office tomorrow and reschedule my app that was to be today. We are 10 weeks and 2 days strong and hopefully will get to see our baby soon and do our blood work. I will let yall know when that will be, when I figure that out. Thanks again for the prayers. Love yall, Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment