Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall+Apples=Delish

Here is my take on a "Flat Apple Pie" by the Pioneer Woman.  I will like to her recipe below.  It is SO simple, even the crust making is simple.  This recipe makes 2 pies.
 
Filling Ingredients:
8 to 10 apples, washed, peeled, cut into slices
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Lemon Juice
BUTTER!
*I added nutmeg, just a pinch
 
Crust Ingredients:
Flour
Water
Shortening
Vinegar
egg
*makes two
 
I do not have all my steps photographed...just a few.  I made the pie crusts from The Pioneer Woman's recipe you can get here. And followed her pie recipe here.
Enjoy!
 
 
Hand picked apples!  Not a must, but delish!
I didn't use Ganny Smith Apples, they tend to make the best Apple Pies, but you can use any kind you like.
Wash, Peel, Slice, about 4 apples per pie.

Ingredients...in cooking mode...notice the mess??

My crusts in the bag...straight from fridge.  Not glamorous but tasty.
Take out of bag and roll into a round 1/4" thick crust and place into baking stone or cookie sheet... remember this is a flat apple pie...no pie dish/pan needed. 

In a bowl mix sugar, cinnamon, a little flour, lemon juice, and obviously the apples.

On flattened pie crust, pile on the apple mixture and fold the sides up around the apples.  The top of the apples WILL be exposed.  This is were you add the slices of butter.  Um.  Yum.
Bake.  Eat.

No comments: