Friday, December 24, 2010

New meaning


"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" Luke 2:19
Sadie


Sadie


Sadie


I cannot describe in words the feeling of motherhood much less the love I have for my children. I always heard my mom say "you'll understand (fill in the blank)____ when you have kids of your own". I DO understand and now know how difficult a job it is to be a mommy. Like I have said before and will continue to say it is THE BEST but HARDEST job I have ever had.

With that said I want to turn our attention this special time of year to the most significant mommy there is and ever will be. Mary, the mother of Jesus. Oh, how I pain for her. As I type I can barely see the keys. As a mother CHRISTmas is very different for me now. I cried and cried during CHRISTmas Eve service 2008. I was pregnant with Avery and felt sooo close to Mary and her cares, concerns, wishes, hopes, and dreams for Jesus as we felt the same about our soon to be Avery. And CHRISTmas 2010, I too feel close to Mary as we have welcomed our Sadie into the "most wonderful time of the year"! I wonder if Mary was pooped at the 4am feedings too!?

My heart swells with admiration for this servant of God, Mary. I am in aw of her TRUST and FAITHFULNESS to our Lord's mysterious and in those times, dangerous plan for her life and her unborn child. I cannot begin to imagine how she must have felt. Was Mary scared? Was she excited? Did she have morning sickness? Did she measure her growing belly? Did she have to pee all hours of the night? Did she make new clothes-maternity-esque clothes? Did Mary count kicks and show Joseph her belly moving? Did Joseph place his strong hands on her belly and laugh when Jesus kicked him? Was she nervous? Was she ever wishing she had said "no" to the Angel and run away?

Thank you Mary for accepting God's will for your life and accepting His journey of bearing the World's savior.

More questions arise in my heart and mind about this mommy.
When she held Jesus in her arms for the first time, did the World seem to fade into the background like the OR did for me? Did it seem as if she could kiss His face forever like I want to kiss my babies? Did Jesus smell like my Sadie does? Did she count his fingers and toes like I did? Did Joseph scoop Jesus up and show his friends like Ryan showed our family our precious girls? Did Mary cry tears of JOY and relief at the moment Jesus entered the world like I did when Avery was born, when Sadie was born?

"I bring you good tidings of great joy, today in the city of David a Savior has been born, he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you, you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger." Luke 2:11-12
Avery
Avery


Avery











No comments: