She has woken up DRY three nights (not in a row; total) and LOVES to watch me when I "go potty". She will listen to me "go" and then hand me toilet paper preceded with showing what to do with it, close the lid, flush and then go to the sink to wash her hands! Avery and I made a trip to our favorite store-Target and purchased a soft potty seat-she picked sesame street of course, and mommy made a potty chart to have on hand when we really get cracking' on the new adventure called POTTY TRAINING! (this could be months away-but we are interested!!!) We have this kind of seat, but ours is yellow with the characters not in an underwater theme.
Back to the DRY three nights...not sure what that is all about. She drinks water every night before bed so i KNOW she needs to "go" when she wakes. I took advantage of the dry diaper this morning and sat her on the potty, ran the faucet, and we sang a song. SURE ENOUGH! Avery "went potty"! She wiped (with help), flushed and washed hands. I was very excited! Fluke-maybe, but I'll take it! This could be the beginning of a chaotic few months for us! New baby on the way AND potty training?! Prayers please!
2 comments:
WOW! Good for Avery!! Go for it!! All the best as you stumble your way through this. I'm sure we'll be looking for pointers as soon as Dash is ready!
Way to go Avery! Sounds like she is maturing to the big girl panties and big sister role.
Post a Comment