
Well, you guessed it! Avery is headed toward being a big sister before she hits two! Wow! Its even more weird to write that out and see it! Shocked? We were too! Blessed? Beyond measure! Ryan and I had discussed having our children close together, but didn't expect it to happen so quickly. We are looking forward to the adventures this pregnancy has in store for us and already lifting this baby and its well being up in prayer. We ask you to join us in praying for not only this new life, but fro God to prepare Avery's heart and spirit to share her parents and their attention with a new little one come November. Thank you for your love and support!
Thus far, I have felt a bit crummy. I have not had "morning sickness" but evening sickness. With Avery I was not sick ever...except car sick unless I was driving. I am 8 weeks and on Mondays I can add a week to that number. I am due November 8, 2010 but will be delivered via c-section at 39 weeks gestation...so NOT November 8. I am not a candidate for VBAC due to the previous experience of labor for 20+ hours, pushing for over 2, and the c-section....not gonna be pushing this time said my OB, Dr. Hampton. She informed me a VBAC candidate would be someone who never pushed and had to have a c-section because the baby was breach. That was/is not me.
Also, a bit different this go around is that I have to do the blood glucose tests at 16 weeks gestation not 24. If I pass (ie don't have gestational diabetes at 16 weeks) then I have to do it AGAIN at 24 weeks. If it happens, it happens. I am not going to sweat it this time. It is doable and worth every prick of my finger to have my baby! But, I have a 94% chance of having gestational diabetes again. Not much room for getting out of this, but we shall see!
The big question: Do we want a boy or a girl? The big answer: Either
We would be thrilled with a girl or a boy. I girl would be easier because we have all the girl things already. All we hope for is healthy and happy!
And yes, my pants are already unbuttoned and we are only 8 weeks...I guess its true you pop out easier/faster with #2!
3 comments:
Congratulations Katie! We are so happy for you, and send many thoughts and prayers your way for a happy pregnancy, and healthy delivery. :)
That is so exciting!! Congratulations! Avery is going to be a great big sister! We will be praying for you guys and a healhty and happy baby!!
hi Katie,
It's Kimberly Bledsoe, Kammy's friend. She told me your wonderful news last time we talked, but I just saw it posted on your blog and wanted to say congratulations! Avery will be a great big sister, and having two kids is wonderful (not going to tell you it is not a little wild sometimes, but wonderful!). Ryan (4) told me recently that Riley (almost 2) was his best friend. Siblings are so sweet! Congratulations!
Post a Comment