Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can it be true??!!





I woke up Monday morning at 4:45 and realized "I haven't heard from Avery"! I laid in bed holding the monitor listening for a peep from the little bean...nothing. Did she actually sleep through the night? I got nervous so I went up to her room a few minutes after 5:00am and hovered over Avery making sure she was breathing! She was. She was peaceful and definitely not ready to wake up. I decided to go back down stairs and get back in bed. At 6:00am I decided to feed Avery (she was stirring on the monitor) and check out the "all nighter diaper". I was more concerned about the diaper due to a slight rash...more on that later. Avery champed down 4oz in about 10 minutes and then conked back out until 8:00am! WOOOHOOO! It scared me that she slept through the night and I wasn't counting on it to happen again, but it did! Avery slept through the night last night too! Two nights in a row! Thank you Lord!

About the diaper rash...Avery seems to be doing some new things...like possibly teething. I cut a tooth at 3 months old...is Avery following in my foot steps? She is almost 3 months old. She is drooling, cranky, has run a low grade fever, her poopies are different and causing a rash, and she is putting everything in her little mouth. She acts like she doesn't feel the best these days. Breaking my heart. No sign of a tooth yet, it can take a while to cut a tooth through the gums.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cervantes said...

Yeah! I can only imagine what a feat this is. Here is to more sleepy nights.