Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ouch!

Ok, Ryan and I decided to do optional testing for disabilities which included ultrasound and blood work. I have never been a big fan of blood work, however I am not a chicken like Ryan when it comes to needles. I had 6 vials of blood drawn 2 weeks ago and yesterday I only had one. BUT that ONE was the worst! I psyched myself up for a possible 6 more vials and was please to discover that I only have to fill one! Yippie! Ahh, little joys. Then...the lab tech said "you have slippery veins, this is not working"-WHAT??!! Ok, so sick me ONCE please! Nope. She had to restick me (same arm) but that time she got a vein. HELLO! I am so pale can she not see the HUGE purpleish bluish noodle in my arm poking out at her from the gigantic rubber band cutting off my circulation??!! Geez. Ok, long story I know, but I must give myself props for being a trooper yesterday. The 6 vials was way better that the one double stick I got yesterday. The best part of our visit was obviously not the blood work, but the ultra sound. Amazingly enough in only 2 weeks we went from a beating chest on our baby to actually seeing just the heart beating inside the chest. Ryan got to watch the lady do all the measurements of the baby and he got a show! Baby B or G was dancing all aver the place and opening its mouth!! However when the lady finished the measurements and turned the screen towards me to see the baby was just laying there. No show for me.
Here are pics of the Craig's List furniture we bought! (not pictured is the chest of drawers) Don't worry the room is FAR from being decorated and the brown curtains are NOT staying.

From baby


From baby


From baby

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! I am so glad that you got registared!!! I know you will like it!! I love the way the furniture looks in the room, even "with" the brown curtins!!!!!!

The Peterson's said...

Jack has that bed! Decorating a babies room is the best.

The Peterson's said...

Is the bed black? I have the toddler rail that goes with that if I could find a way to ship it.